Monday, April 8, 2013

Tuesday Treasures

This is my Tuesday Treasure for today with Melody of The House On The Side Of The Hill.
Like many of our Blogger Friends I love pretty China, especially Tea Pots, I still love to make a pot with loose leaf tea.
I first saw this"Royal Albert" Tea Pot when visiting my local Vinnies op shop,it was in the glass case reserved for special items and priced at $65, I loved it but couldn't warrant paying that price.
Each time I went to the shop I would check MY Teapot was still in the case, eventually the price came down, first $35, then $17, I told myself when it reached $10 I would buy it (scrooge hey).
Well you guessed it, on my next visit it was gone from the case, Oh well I thought someone was happy to pay the $17, good for them.
Imagine my surprise and shock when leaving the shop to see MY pot on a table, and the price $4.
I ALWAYS KNEW IT HAD MY NAME ON IT.
I can only think not many people use loose leaf tea these days.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely little tea pot Rosalie. You sound like me, a bit of a scrooge. LOL! I love a bargain. Great buy, Rosalie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely teapoy and a super bargain. What could be more lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just goes to show you were meant to have it!
    (and at a reasonable op shop price)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly did have your name on it. Bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it was meant for you. Great shopping. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh well done. Definitely meant for you. Pretty little teapot.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely teapot, especially as it was meant for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete